Katherine Druckman and Doc Searls revisit the topic of data privacy.Support Reality 2.0
- Views on Current Laws and Practices to Protect Personal Data According to US Likely Voters, July 2021 (% of respondents) | Insider Intelligence
- ProjectVRM – Developing tools for customer independence and engagement with vendors
- Ostrom Workshop Calendar — The main business model of the Web goes by a label we all now know from the title of Shoshana Zuboff’s landmark book, The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power. How do we fight surveillance capitalism? And how do we work around it? How, especially, can we keep our new Byway from becoming infested with it—or with the mendacities behind it? Nobody better to help us toward answers than Shoshana herself, who leads this finale to our salon series. Scholar, writer, and activist Shoshana Zuboff is the author of three major books, each of which signaled the start of a new epoch in technological society. Her recent masterwork, The Age of Surveillance Capitalism, an international bestseller translated into twenty-six languages, has been hailed as the tech industry’s Silent Spring and the Das Kapital of the 21st Century. Professor Zuboff is the Charles Edward Wilson Professor Emeritus at Harvard Business School and a faculty associate at the Harvard Kennedy School’s Carr Center for Human Rights. Her work has received the Axel Springer Award (2019), the EPIC Lifetime Achievement Award (2021), and is the first recipient of the Global Privacy Assembly Giovanni Buttarelli Award (2021).
- Opinion | Facebook and the Surveillance Society: The Other Coup - The New York Times — We can have democracy, or we can have a surveillance society, but we cannot have both.
- Mindf*ck: Cambridge Analytica and the Plot to Break America: Wylie, Christopher: 9781984854636: Amazon.com: Books
- Slaughterbots - Wikipedia — Slaughterbots is a 2017 arms-control advocacy video presenting a dramatized near-future scenario where swarms of inexpensive microdrones use artificial intelligence and facial recognition to assassinate political opponents based on preprogrammed criteria.
- Privacy is Power: Why and How You Should Take Back Control of Your Data: Veliz, Carissa: 9781612199672: Amazon.com: Books
- The Privacy Engineer's Manifesto: Getting from Policy to Code to QA to Value: Dennedy, Michelle, Fox, Jonathan, Finneran, Tom: 9781430263555: Amazon.com: Books
- The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power: Zuboff, Shoshana: 9781610395694: Amazon.com: Books