Design and Fabrication with Inventables
July 15th, 2022
59 mins 47 secs
About this Episode
Doc Searls and Katherine Druckman talk to Zach Kaplan, CEO of Inventables, about design and fabrication with 3D carving, maker culture, and the history of Inventables.
- Projects | Inventables
- Creating the First Usable Mouse | ideo.com — In 1980, Apple asked IDEO to develop a mouse for their radical new computer, the Lisa. Previous attempts at mouse design, by Douglas Englebart and Xerox PARC, yielded results that were too expensive and hard to make. The Apple mouse needed to be more reliable and less than 10 percent of the cost of the earlier versions.
- x-carve - Search Results | Facebook
- kaizen foam at DuckDuckGo
- George Carlin - A place for my stuff - YouTube
- Reality 2.0 Episode 104: Digital Archives and Nomads — Doc Searls and Katherine Druckman talk to Steven Roberts about digitizing media, photography, and retro computing.