Katherine Druckman and Doc Searls talk to Prof. Chris Bronk, Ph.D. and Petros Koutoupis about disinformation and cyber security, and how they impact our lives, as well as IoT vulnerabilities and voice recognition technology.Support Reality 2.0
- “Misinformation” vs. “Disinformation”: Get Informed On The Difference - Dictionary.com — Disinformation means “false information, as about a country’s military strength or plans, disseminated by a government or intelligence agency in a hostile act of tactical political subversion.” It is also used more generally to mean “deliberately misleading or biased information; manipulated narrative or facts; propaganda.” So, disinformation is knowingly spreading misinformation. Our first definition of this word gives one major reason why a person or group might want to spread wrong information, but there are many other nefarious motivations lurking behind the creation of disinformation.
- Amazon.com: The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power (9781541758001): Zuboff, Shoshana: Books — In this masterwork of original thinking and research, Shoshana Zuboff provides startling insights into the phenomenon that she has named surveillance capitalism. The stakes could not be higher: a global architecture of behavior modification threatens human nature in the twenty-first century just as industrial capitalism disfigured the natural world in the twentieth.
- Tom Clancy, author of the Jack Ryan Novels - Tom Clancy
- Amazon.com : john le carré
- Amazon.com: Active Measures (9781250787408): Rid, Thomas: Books
- Internet-based chastity belts hijacked by malicious hackers | Boing Boing — Oh man. A bluetooth-controlled chastity belt was the recent victim of a hacker attack. The Cellmate Chastity Cage, made by Chinese company Qiui, was designed so that users are able to lock and unlock their sex partner's penis prison remotely. Users caught in the attack were threatened with having their genitals locked in permanently unless they paid a 0.02 bitcoin (about $270) ransom.