Tune in to our new episode! Katherine Druckman and Doc Searls talk to Bill Wendel and Joyce Searls about where tech meets real estate, and how intentcasting could improve the market.Support Reality 2.0
- Real Estate Cafe | Serving a Money-saving Menu of Services since 1995
- Real Estate Cafe / reVRM Minifesto — Idea starters to kick-start conversation about VRM's potential role in the residential real estate industry
- Ralph Nader on Twitter: "Absentee giant corporate control over local America expands relentlessly. Latest are huge firms like Blackrock buying hundreds of thousands of houses for speculation purposes. Fight absentee corporatist domination. Support the Institute for Local Self-Reliance. @ilsr -R" / Twitter
- Pacaso Is Turning Houses Into Corporations : Planet Money : NPR — On a sleepy cul-de-sac amid the bucolic vineyards and grassy hills of California's Sonoma Valley, a $4 million house has become the epicenter of a summer-long spat between angry neighbors and a new venture capital-backed startup buying up homes around the nation. The company is called Pacaso. It says it's the fastest company in American history to achieve the "unicorn" status of a billion-dollar valuation — but its quarrels in wine country, one of the first regions where it's begun operations, foreshadow business troubles ahead.
- Bill Wendel on Twitter: "Stats below reveal need to replace Active MLS listings with new metric - owners who #Intend2Sell or #IntentionInventory DEC = good month for price reductions, expired listings & to interact #P2P w/ owners planning #LifeTransition in 2022 DM re #ProactHH https://t.co/Tgvjs9S6nM https://t.co/1KkusoNPpz" / Twitter — #BidWarBacklash: 20 yrs ago, Feds report "Housing Starting to Weaken“ cautioned: "Housing values dropped 8% on average during last recession in 1991. Not only could it happen again, ..it could 'happen rather abruptly.'" Instead of bidding #100KoverAsk, willing to #TimeREMarket?
- In Case You Were Unclear What the US Government Thinks of NAR... - NotoriousROB — In light of yet another intervention in a private lawsuit by the Department of Justice, this time in the REX v. Zillow case, a few things should be clearer. One, the Department of Justice really doesn’t like it when NAR uses the 2008 Consent Decree as any kind of a shield for any kind of a rule. NAR has done this in Moehrl, in Sitzer, and now in REX and in all three instances, the DOJ went out of its way to file a Statement of Interest telling the judge that the DOJ in no way shape or form approved any NAR rule or policy.
- Instant Buyer - Wikipedia — Instant Buyer (or iBuyer) is a real estate transaction model wherein companies purchase residential properties directly from private sellers, to eventually re-sell them.