Doc Searls and Katherine Druckman talk to Dr. Augustine Fou about his privacy analysis app, Page X-Ray, ad tracking, and data privacy.
00:02:17 Page Xray and Blacklight
00:07:27 While you interact with one web page, who else is harvesting your information?
00:14:13 Listen to which tracker Katherine used for about 10 minute, and promptly removed!
00:15:57 What is malvertising
00:18:55 What about the browser extension privacy trackers?
00:25:54 Who should use PageXray?
00:32:30 What are some good consumer tools?
00:42:26 What is "fingerprinting" and how does a site "fingerprint" you?
00:48:21 Covering your "privates"
00:51:32 Marketers are chasing the shiny object called Digital
00:53:26 what is the ratio of registered domains vs websites vs humans visitors vs real ad impressions?
- Episode 13: Surveillance Marketing — Doc Searls and Katherine Druckman talk to Dr. Augustine Fou about surveillance marketing, ad tech, and privacy.
- Page X-Ray Data Privacy Analysis Featured in Episode 43 — A brief overview of Page X-Ray.
- FouAnalytics - Ads By Domain — Privacy Analytics tool from Dr. Augustine Fou.
- Blacklight – The Markup — A Real-Time Website Privacy Inspector
- Privacy Badger — Privacy extension from the EFF.
- Ghostery: Online Privacy Made Easy — Ghostery demystifies online privacy by exposing the forces that lurk behind your screen and enabling you to block them.
- Secure, Fast & Private Web Browser with Adblocker | Brave Browser — The Brave browser.