Katherine Druckman and Doc Searls talk about responsibility for disinformation, congressional hearings, and the Suez canal.Support Reality 2.0
- Zuckerberg and Dorsey Face Harsh Questioning From Lawmakers - The New York Times — Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook and Jack Dorsey of Twitter testified about their platforms, misinformation and the 2020 election.
- Evan Greer on Twitter: "most of the Capitol rioters had smartphones. were Apple and AT&T partially responsible for the violence? Please answer yes or no." / Twitter — most of the Capitol rioters had smartphones. were Apple and AT&T partially responsible for the violence? Please answer yes or no.
- Pluralistic: 25 Mar 2021 – Pluralistic: Daily links from Cory Doctorow — A monopolist's first preference is always "don't regulate me." But coming in at a close second is "regulate me in ways that only I can comply with, so that no one is allowed to compete with me."
- Zuckerberg, Dorsey, Pichai addressed online extremism and misinformation before House committee - The Washington Post — Lawmakers wanted answers on the role Google, Facebook and Twitter played in the attacks on the Capitol and viral covid-19 misinformation
- Reality 2.0 Episode 54: Digital Rights are Human Rights — Doc Searls and Katherine Druckman talk to Evan Greer, Deputy Director of digital rights activism group Fight for the Future about Section 230, privacy, politics, de-platforming, and internet policy.
- Reality 2.0 Episode 62: How Did Disinformation Become the Truth? — Katherine Druckman and Doc Searls talk to Prof. Chris Bronk, Ph.D. and Petros Koutoupis about disinformation and cyber security, and how they impact our lives, as well as IoT vulnerabilities and voice recognition technology.
- Zeynep Tufekci - Wikipedia
- Ten Questions the Press Should Have Asked President Biden - Insight — Yesterday, President Joe Biden held his first press conference. There were questions on Biden’s plans for the 2024 election (four years away!), the filibuster (over which he has no control), and Donald Trump (could we hear even less about him?), but not a single question on the pandemic. Not one.
- Laurie Garrett - Wikipedia