ID.me Vs. The Alternatives
January 28th, 2022
59 mins 51 secs
About this Episode
Doc Searls and Katherine Druckman talk to Kaliya Young of the Internet Identity Workshop about ID.me, our concerns about its use as a national ID, and potential alternatives.
Reality 2.0 around the web:
- Cybersecurity Company ID.me Is Becoming Government’s Digital Gatekeeper - Bloomberg — Military veteran Blake Hall’s cybersecurity company has become the government’s digital gatekeeper. Its unproven estimate—$400 billion in pandemic unemployment fraud—is also very good for its business.
- ID.me CEO apologizes for misstatements on IRS facial recognition - Axios — The CEO of ID.me apologized Wednesday for mischaracterizing the facial recognition system the company uses to verify people's identity.
- Homepage - Identity Woman — Shape your impact with[in] Digital Identity
- Sovereign Identity Updates | Substack
- The Domains of Identity: A Framework for Understanding Identity Systems in Contemporary Society (Anthem Impact): Young, Kaliya: 9781785274916: Amazon.com: Books — The Domains of Identity” defines sixteen simple and comprehensive categories of interactions which cause personally identifiable information to be stored in databases. This research, which builds on the synthesis of over 900 academic articles, addresses the challenges of identity management that involve interactions of almost all people in almost all institutional/organizational contexts. Enumerating the sixteen domains and describing the characteristics of each domain clarifies which problems can arise and how they can be solved within each domain.
- Anil John - Technical Director and Silicon Valley Innovation Program @ U.S. Department of Homeland Security - Crunchbase Person Profile
- SVIP | Homeland Security — The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) Silicon Valley Innovation Program (SVIP) is keeping pace with the innovation community to tackle the hardest problems faced by DHS and the Homeland Security Enterprise.
- The Thoughtful Biometrics Workshop 2022 · Thoughtful Biometrics — The Thoughtful Biometrics Workshop is creating a space to dialogue about critical emerging issues surrounding biometric and digital identity technologies.
- European Digital Identity | European Commission — The European Digital Identity will be available to EU citizens, residents, and businesses who want to identify themselves or provide confirmation of certain personal information. It can be used for both online and offline public and private services across the EU.
- The Hymn of Acxiom - Transcription - YouTube
- The Hymn of Acxiom - YouTube